ITALIAN BY BIRTH. GLOBAL BY DESIGN.
The Early Days
Founded in 1935, in Sassuolo, Italy, Marazzi has been the global leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of high-end, Italian ceramic tile for over 80 years.
- Marazzi Ceramiche was established in Sassuolo
- Based in the epicentre of artisan terracotta products
- Industrialized craft-based clay making
- Expanded to create bold new options
Boldly Pioneering the Way
Filippo Marazzi, grandson of the company’s founder, took over the family business in the late 1970s. Understanding the need for luxury tile in an untapped American market, he expanded into the U.S. in 1982, opening the first Italian-owned ceramic manufacturing plant in Sunnyvale, Texas.
- Marazzi patents the singlefiring process
- American Marazzi is established in 1982
- Firestream manufacturing process is introduced
Developing Daring Designs
With a focus on design and creativity Marazzi provides captivating designs that integrate Italian style into exciting and imaginative environments. An experienced in-house design team, along with a highly-efficient sales team help service large-scale distributors and specialized dealers, as well as designers, architects and commercial clients.
- Created more visually daring products
- Expanded product collections
- Formed partnerships with top architects and designers
A 21st Century Leader in Tile Manufacture
Marazzi is recognized around the world for stunning, sustainable tile with operations that expand over a vast network of showrooms, retail outlets, and commercial branches. Mohawk Industries, Inc. acquired Marazzi in 2013, helping to establish them as the worldwide leader in ceramic tile by adding new operations in Italy, Spain, Russia and the U.S.
- Patented crystallized porcelain stoneware
- Created advanced tile production technology
- Doubles production at Dallas facility
- Mohawk Industries acquires Marazzi
Pursuit of Excellence